Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Pioneer Day!

My mom, being the southern Utahn/DUP that she is, will be happy to see me remember that today is Pioneer Day. Occasionally when we were younger, we would be in Minersville visiting my grandparents and there was always a parade and other celebrations on this day. It never ceased to amaze me that the 24th of July seemed like a bigger deal than the 4th of July! And since us Washingtonians don't seem to have a "state" holiday, I thought it was neat they got one for their own. Although Nevada's state day is on Halloween, which is quite unique.
Anyway, Alex and I bought a scrumptious apple pie at Costco to celebrate...it looks exactly like this one and is one of the best apple pies I've ever had.

I need to eat pie more often...I forgot how delicious it is! Although this apple pie is divine, I think my favorite kind would have to be banana cream, or maybe blackberry or maybe pumpkin oh I can't decide...how about you??

4 comments:

Tyson and Courtney said...

How sad, I forgot about Pioneer Day! I agree with you about Banana Cream Pie. It's definitely my fav.

Danielle said...

Peach, pear or chocolate. :)
Oh the Minersville mention got me thinking about high school...what did we used to call it?

Heather I. said...

Gillinsville!

Unknown said...

Apple is hands down my most favorite pie ever. Mmmm...

Gillinsville! Awesome. :)