Sunday, July 20, 2008

The First Hike of Many (we hope)

Yesterday, Valerie, Alex and I went on a fantastic hike over in Marin around Tamalpais State Park. The hike was the Matt Davis/Steep Ravine Loop and it was one of the prettiest and enjoyable hikes I have ever taken! Thankfully, Alex was present, so good photos abound...
The hike was a bit over 7 miles, with some decent inclines and a lot of small bridges like this one. Every bridge we crossed included me saying something about how much I like walking over bridges. I think it's because that means there could be water streaming underneath, which I find quite exquisite.
Valerie and me on another bridge- I guess my cheesy smile helps express my bridge liking.

There were so many huge trees that had fallen over at one point, but this was the only one completely blocking the trail. It reminded me of the Redwoods & driving through a tree.
Us walking around Mt. Tam. This specific route didn't take us to the top. It was very pretty with the fog rolling in and out, although if the fog weren't there, we would've had an amazing view of Stinson Beach at this point. Perfect weather for hiking, though!

On the latter part of the hike, the Steep Ravine, was this 10 foot ladder that is apparently loved by locals.

Another photo of the natural beauty. We couldn't believe how lush this area was. Of course, the pictures don't do it justice, but believe me, it was gorgeous. Afterwards, we met up with Brian and had a delicious dinner at E&O Trading Co. in Larkspur. Oooh, that salmon and chicken was delectable! What a nice day, being the wife of a 3rd year isn't half bad so far-sure beats the first 2 years!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! It looks like you all had a wonderful hike! So cool...so green...it's hot, humid and nasty here. Boo.

jessica said...

That is seriously beautiful! I wish we had places like that to hike around here.

The Devers said...

what a beautiful hike! next time you are in the area we would love to go! we miss you guys. let's get together SOON!!!