Thursday, January 31, 2008

Back to Work

Since we moved here, Alex and I have wanted to go in the Transamerica Building. Once, before we knew better, we walked inside and asked the guards if we could go up and they had to tell us it is secure so only people who work there and are cleared can enter. We obviously weren't aware of city building etiquette...oops.
Anyway, now that I am temping at admin/reception jobs, I got to work at an investment company here last week! I only made it to the 11th floor, but it was still cool to get my photo-sticker ID and be in the actual building. I am finished with that job, so who knows if I'll ever get in there again, maybe even closer to the top...?
Tomorrow I start at another firm for a few weeks. This is quite a change from the whole nanny thing, but it's going well and I needed it. However, at times, I do miss my previous amount of freedom. Gotta provide somehow....

3 comments:

Blacks said...

I have always wanted to go in that building too! They should give tours or something. That is so cool that you got to work there!

Unknown said...

That does sound really interesting! I hope you get to go back and see more of the building (and the view!). :)

Danielle said...

Sounds similar to the time Christina and I tried to visit the Pentagon, only I bet armed guards didn't meet you at your car. :)