Saturday, February 2, 2008

Recipe of the Week

I decided it would be fun to post a recipe or two every week or so. Since I love reading, and eventually trying new recipes, maybe this will motivate me to make them more! This morning, Alex said he wanted waffles, which is rare, since he usually prefers pancakes (I think he was just trying to be nice since he knows I like waffles better). There were some frozen bananas I needed to use so I went to www.allrecipes.com and found only one recipe for banana waffles. After reading the comments and such, here is my version...oh and above is a picture I found online; I used a Cinderella waffler so mine looked a lot different:) Also, if you don't have wheat flour, you can use only all purpose flour (that was one of my variations).

Banana Waffles
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 to 2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch of nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup milk
1 egg
2 bananas, mashed
Preheat any kind of waffle iron. Combine flours, baking powder, sugar, salt, nutmeg & cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir together. Add milk, egg & banana and stir until all combined. Spray non-stick cooking spray onto the waffle iron. Pour batter into waffle iron and cook to desired doneness. Makes 3 to 4 good-sized waffles. Serve with syrup, butter, peanut butter, chocolate chips, whipped cream, or whatever topping you love best!

No comments: