Monday, November 12, 2007

Zoom, zoom, OUCH!

My night had quite an interesting and unplanned Zoom! Whitening turn at the dental school. Alex and I were walking home and he got a call from his classmate who had a question about one of his patients who was getting her teeth bleached. This patient didn't speak English, so since we were right by the school, we stopped in so Alex could help her ultimately understand she wasn't the best candidate to have whitening done. Jokingly, they asked if I wanted to get it done since they had nothing else to do and everything ready to go. I was like cool, free white teeth! Here is the "after" picture-not the most attractive way I smiled, but at least you can (hopefully) tell they are whiter....

Alex had it done in Vegas once and all I remembered was how he said it hurt a lot after. Oh was he right. The first cycle was fine during, the second one it got quite sore and started to sting. But the real pain began after....I get these completely random zings of shooting pain throughout my lower teeth! It comes and goes quite fast, but it is so sudden and strong that I make these funny wincing noises and shouts of anguish. You'd think I had a mild form of Tourette's. But, I can notice the difference in my teeth and Valerie did a great job so I am glad I did it. I just hope the little twinges ebb very soon.....

2 comments:

jessica said...

I had no idea whitening hurt...the things you learn!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea either! Ouch!