Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We're Connected, Finally

Since we will be around for the whole Holiday season this year, I decided it was time to get cable. I'm guessing we will be one of the only people left in our apartment complex on Christmas and it will be nice to have some type of "new" entertainment to keep us in the holiday spirit. Plus, Comcast had a special for digital cable for the first 6 months at $30/month and after 4 years, I figured what the heck. So we will see how it goes. They came and installed it today, after much confusion involving the right apartment, and downloading issues. I am excited to have nonstop access to the food network and disney. But, even though it is digital cable, we still don't get that may channels (no BYU tv, for example). And I swear, everything is extra-HD, DVR and any other acronym they offer. I think Comcast needs some competition!

3 comments:

Ang said...

Yay for the food network!!!

jessica said...

We don't have cable either and John reminds me of that every day, he is in need of more tv. So enjoy yours! So did you get DVR, that's the only reason I want cable...I want DVR!

Danielle said...

Yes, we too are getting scalped by comcast. We had the whole phone/internet/cable for $100 a month for one year, and then it went up. They sucked us in though, now we must have cable, of course we need internet, and if we changed phone companies we'd have to get a new number, so we are paying up the gazoo...you're right - competition is needed, and why can't they give us BYU-TV?