Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day weekend

Alex and I ventured out on Saturday and just ended up walking around the city. It was a gorgeous weekend here and we were grateful to be able to have time to enjoy it together!

This is one of the historic streetcars that runs through Market Street to the Embarcadero. Each one is unique and has its own old school feel. I think they even beat the cable cars in my mind, mainly because they are included in the $1.50 fare like the bus (you can even use a transfer), whereas the cables are $5 each way!
Ruehl is my new favorite store, which happens to be in my new favorite mall, the new part of Westfield SF Centre. This store is owned by Abercrombie, but classier and is themed after New York, or at least I am guessing since I've never been there....it just feels so cooooool.

Alex is sneaky, he got this photo and we didn't even get chased down for a dollar.

SF has a lot of these hearts around the city (this was in Union Square). I think it's for some sort of centennial celebration. So we started to have me get a pic by each one, but I don't know where they all are; that could be a good goal for the year.

Yesterday morning, we had breakfast in Cole Valley, at Zazie, with the Black's, Rogers', Davis' and Whiting's. It was so delicious. I would definitely return, next to try the massive pancakes.

Zazie opened at 9 for the holiday and that was when we got there. So we were lucky enough to sit in the back on the patio, all together, and we didn't even have to wait! It's always a treat to eat with good friends:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm...I love breakfast/brunch!

Blacks said...

Yum, I want to go to Zazie's again!