Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Seattle Times





Well, we have had another busy week up here in WA. Alex finished his UW externship; he had lots of fun and learned tons about oral surgery and fixing broken jaws. I think he is slowly getting immersed into the Seattlite culture:)

We went to a Mariners' game Tuesday night against the Red Sox. It was crazy; it felt like a playoff game. There were a lot of Boston fans and both teams were neck in neck the entire game. But, the M's pulled it out and won 8-7, yippee!!
Yesterday, Alex, Laura, Lisa (Laura's friend) and me went to the Pike Place Market and the U. District. We found the infamous chewed gum wall and had a delicious lunch at Specialty's. I am now going to have to find the SF locations of that cafe. Oh, and we had crumpets at the Market for breakfast. I highly recommend The Crumpet Shop to anyone visiting Pike Place. Also, check out Piroshky Piroshky and of course you gotta buy a bouquet of flowers:)
Alex is still working on my parents' bathroom so that is his latest project and I am the Home Depot/Lowe's/Ace's gopher.
Also, if anyone knows how to put pictures on here in between type, I would appreciate knowing how. I can only seem to get it to have the pictures at the top of my posts and all the type below, kinda annoying....thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,

The Red Sox are the greatest team in history. You should be ashamed that you were cheering for the Mariners. I was up for two of the games last year and was hoping to make it this year but didn't. Next year I should be there. GO SOX.

John

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Melanie and Gary said...

Finally found you two! Hope things are going well, we miss you!

BTW- your blog looks GREAT!