Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Consumer Christmas

Is this not the ugliest Holiday tree you've ever seen? And I did intentionally use "holiday" because I'm quite sure that's what whoever designed it would deem it.I found this beauty in my own backyard and just had to snap a photo to show how interesting it really is. And, to let Alex see since he hasn't had the pleasure of making it over to Bay Street recently.
I have to admit that the first few times I strolled by, I thought it was just the frame of a tree being created. Finally, after about a week of wondering when in the heck it'd be done, I looked a bit closer. Ah, that's the final product. The photo may be a bit hard to tell, but they're a bunch of shopping carts. So, yeah, it's an artistic idea, and if it's gotta be anywhere, Emeryville is a perfect location, with all the lofts and tech businesses and such. But, really? Who would want to take a nice Christmastime family snapshot in front of that thing?

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Huh. In an architectural way I think it's cool, BUT, as you say, it does focus on the wrong aspect of the holiday season to really feel like Christmas. Does it look cool at night?

Heather I. said...

I'm not quite sure, haven't been over there at night. Maybe I'll have to check that out this week :)

Tyson and Courtney said...

Wow. That truly is amazing. Only in the bay area...

Luanne Hardy said...

Yeah, I've seen that several times. It does look nice lit up, I'll admit to that.