Thursday, January 14, 2010

2010 Resolutions


My goal lately has been to write out my New Year's Resolutions before the end of the month. I guess I'm about half-way early in that little task! Hopefully, these will all get fulfilled, because I can't say I've really stuck to many in the past. However, with my new-found feeling of productivity, there is hope...

1. Start a food blog and be consistent- the photo above is a black bean burger I made that is currently the header for my new blog- sweetandsavorytooth.com. It's been fun so far, and Alex has been great in taking photos and teaching me how to use the camera. This is my biggest endeavor and I'm going to stick with it!

2. Soda once a week at most- I used to drink diet whatever almost everyday (favorites being A&W root beer and Sprite). Last year while eating a salad, my front tooth chipped just a teeny bit, but it made me realize I don't want my teeth eroding away. It's been a lot easier to not drink soda than I thought, and I hardly even crave it- yay for no chemicals!

3. Make more friends- I've been really bad with getting to know the ladies at church, mainly since I tend to skip town occasionally. We love our Oakland ward and I'm excited to go to as many activities as possible. First up, book swap next week, oh and speaking in church on Sunday...

4. Conquer my fears of pie crust and yeast- I love bread and pie, especially homemade ones, but I get easily frustrated when the yeast doesn't rise and the pie crust breaks on me. Going to make it work one way or another.

5. Watch all the Harry Potter movies- I think I've seen most of the first one, but that's about it. And, since Part 1 of #7 comes out in June, I guess that means I have to watch the 6 before then! And, I've only read the first 4 books. So, if I'm feeling extra ambitious, maybe I'll read the last 3 books, too; we'll see.

I feel like I should have a few more resolutions. I'm thinking maybe some monthly goals to go along with them...?

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

You might want to read those last 3 books before seeing the movie. I found movie #6 really confusing and I had actually read the book. If you haven't, you'd be totally lost.
:) Making more friends was my biggest goal last year and I have to say that the effort sort of paid off and I feel a lot more a part of things at church than I really ever have before. Good luck, but hey, having a baby always helps get you into "the circle"...sort of.

Apples and Butter said...

Good luck on the resolutions! I'm heading over to your food blog next to check it out!

Bobby! said...

hey, I'm leaving a comment no your blog because you said that no one ever leaves comments. Maybe you meant your food blog, oh well.

Bobby! said...

oh yeah, i forgot to actually say something. It looks like your getting pretty big, that's exciting! You can hold out to end. Russia says Привет!