Sunday, September 13, 2009

Whole Foods Tour!

The other night, I took a brief breakfast-related tour of Whole Foods, and look at all the goodies I received!
This is around $10 worth of free stuff! All you have to do to find out about these tours is either check out the calendar that is usually located near the front of the store, or if your particular store has a twitter page, become a follower. The Oakland location seems to have different tours once every 2 weeks or so and I can't wait to go to more. This time was kind of funny because I was the only one who showed up...oh well, I got an extra box of waffles out of it.
I'm quite the Whole Foods fan, but it can be pricy if you don't know how to shop there. Stick to their 365 brand (my favs are the peanut butter, frozen veggies, pizza and milk), use the coupons in the Real Deal booklet, shop their sales and buy from their bulk foods section. It ends up costing the same, or maybe even less than, Safeway. Just be careful at the ready-to-eat food area...it's all super tasty, but you pay for it!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I enjoy whole foods too (love the ready-to-eat food section) and have found the same thing: if you shop generic you can usually do pretty well. They are opening one closer to us which I may take advantage of more often in the future. I had no idea they did tours. Sounds interesting.