Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What To Do

Well, my mom and sisters are in Taiwan now. Mom will be back next week, Laura in August and Andrea's doing an MBA thing for 2 years. So, it's just the boys and me at the house. Bobby and my dad work during the day, and I get to hang out with Nick. What do I do with a 13 year old who just likes to sleep in way too much and play video games? The weather is so nice, but it's not like he wants to just go out for a walk or anything. So, any ideas would be appreciated! I'm thinking maybe a movie, a day at Wild Waves and that's about all I have so far. Thankfully, he's got some friends to do things with, but I'm not letting them sit in front of the tv all day! And, there are certain friends my mom says he can't play with anyway. I feel like I'm back in my nanny days....I miss my mom, then she can be in charge and make dinner.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I hear ya. I used to have to watch my sisters over the summers and it was always a similar thing. Too bad you aren't in the city, there's lots of things to do around here. Now that you live in a big city, doesn't F-Dub feel terribly disconnected?

Unknown said...

Wow, that's great that Laura gets to be out there until August!

Hmmm...yeah, I'm with Danielle on the city thing. Let's see... baseball game?