Sunday, April 6, 2008

I can blog, too

See,
I can do it as well as Heather and pick random things to talk about. Take this bird for instance. I took a picture of this bird in Washington. Many of you faithful blog checkers may be wondering if anyone has updated their blogs recently. Upon finding others that have more up-to-date blogs than yourself, you may think, "I'd better update my blog, what have I done or seen or read in the last 24 hours that is interesting to a small select group of people?" Well, here you go. I know the vast majority of you have never been to Dumas Bay in the Federal Way, Washington area. Many of you probably have never seen this bird. I never knew he existed until just recently. Its a very peculiar bird. He's got a red pattern of feathers on his head with black and white markings covering his face. The majority of his body is dark and most likely covered in feathers. I'm sure he flys as good as any respectable bird can, but he spent most of the time during the photo shoot banging his beak against the bark. Perhaps a barkbanger... Anyway I can't wait to see the overwhelming response and comments about how others have had similar experiences or just to comment on how lame I can be.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Alex! I had no idea this bird existed! Imagine, feathers on its body! What do you call it? A Barkbanger? ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kim is super fast! I wanted to comment on this ingenious blog, but she beat me to the punch. Anyway, I hope to expect more from this dynamic couple. They are AWESOME. Heather already pointed out my grammar and spelling mistakes, thanks.

The Scholer Family said...

Barkbangers I think are on the endangered species list which is why your encounter is so unique. Well done. I hope school is going well man. Take care, Mak

Coco said...

para bens pra voce...muito bem rapaz!

Blacks said...

So fascinating, Alex!

Sandy said...

I've never seen a Barkbanger in person but your description made me think of a show I used to watch called Woody Woodpecker...maybe you've heard of it? :) I love the picture!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Hi Heather,
I saw that you linked to me and was totally flattered. How did you find me? Just curious.
Oh and that bird post- that's a keeper! ;)

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Duh- I just realized that this post wasn't even from Heather....sorry about that. Nice post Alex.