Thursday, February 21, 2008

Our Neighbohood Addition

A few days ago, my friend Jessica posted on her blog about how she's scared of libraries. I am the complete opposite, I love the library! When we first moved here, the Western Addition library, which is right across the street, was open, but after a month or so, it closed for renovations. So, for the past year and half, I've had to either walk to the Presidio library or make sure I caught the Bookmobile when it was scheduled nearby. The Bookmobile was actually great because it had all the newest books and movies, it just was only around twice a week. I got to know the man and lady who worked in it quite well.
Anyway, 2 weeks ago, the library reopened! Apparently, the city spent $4 million on it, which amazes me because it's nice, but nothing that fabulous, and it's not very big. I do like the self checkout, the homeless-proof grounds (aka a fence) and all the new books! If you're into Japanimation, it has a lot of that, too. Yay for reading and no more loud and crazy construction!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for libraries!!!

jessica said...

I need to learn your love of the library! I do like the library...just not checking out the books. But, then I guess that's the whole point of the library huh?