Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Festive Weekend

We had quite a weekend full of holiday cheer. First of all, Alex is officially half way done with dental school!! His last final was on Thursday, so we had a nice long weekend together without any studying!! Friday we did a marathon shopping trip to Costco with Susan and later went and saw Enchanted downtown. It was a cute movie, definitely cheesy but funny because it made fun of itself. Alex truly enjoyed it, I think more than he normally would just because he was more worry-free than usual. Here is a picture Alex took of Union Square. It is so gorgeous down there right now...we better enjoy it since next year will be our last! Saturday night we went to a Holiday Party at the Davengrosses. Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures from it. We even brought the camera, but got too caught up in the fun to get any pics...oops. Susan and Mike are wonderful hosts and we loved all the food, smoothies, gifts and company-thanks again!!

After we left the party, I was in such a festive mood that I convinced Alex to go down to the Embarcadero/Financial District/Union Square to look around some more. Above is a picture of me admiring the Tiffany & Co. window. They are so classy and have the prettiest rings, I just had to stop and stare. Plus, I was still excited about my new Tiffany datebook that I just had to stop and appreciate (Susan, you're the best!:).


The Hyatt Regency at the Embarcadero has the most beautiful Christmas Village display, along with a pretty Christmas tree. So of course I had to show it to Alex. Last year I nannied here and was lucky to discover it!
Finally, today we had a day filled with cooking and baking. We made beef brisket with cornbread that turned out so tender and delicious. I'd never had it before so I was quite impressed. Then we had pumpkin and chocolate almond pies for dessert. I love cooking!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, too!

No comments: