Monday, August 20, 2007

Sandpoint, Idaho

For the past week or so I was in Sandpoint, ID with a family of 6 on a nanny trip. The kids were ages 7, 5, 3 and 2 months. It was quite a fun and relaxing adventure, although I was working quite a bit, too. The family's friends invited them to stay at their parents' summer property with them, that also includes a guest house. I was busy, but also had ample time to enjoy the area and relax and ponder in this beautiful place. One day I would love to go back and have our own vacation there. Here are some of the pictures I took...enjoy!

This was on our way out with the 2 pilots of our private plane! The fog was too heavy to fly out of SFO so we had to go from Hayward. What a cool experience, I could so get used to this type of flying. So much more relaxing, no security or putting everything in baggies. And yummy catering, too. The only thing missing was a bathroom, so I had to watch the water/soda intake:)

This is looking out from the guest house, which is where I stayed with 4 of the kids (the other family had 2 boys there in addition to "our" 4). I had my own room, which had the most comfy bed and carpet, and bathroom so I was somewhat detached from things.

This is actually in Sacramento on the way back (I don't know how to put pictures in order very well on here, sorry). We had to stop to gas up because the winds were stronger on the way back and the King 200 couldn't quite make it all the way.

This is August inside the plane. He and I sat on the bench seat and everyone else had bucket seats. The pilots were so nice; they even let August & Cecilia sit in the co-pilot's seat while we were in the air. I wanted a turn, too; I should've asked.

This is a view of Lake Pond Oreille from the dock where we stayed. Apparently, it is the biggest lake in Idaho. But the area is "undiscovered" enough so it's not polluted with tons of tourists.
This is inside the guest house looking down from the stairs. The kids hung out here most mornings watching Spongebob and Power Rangers so I could sleep in.


The outside of the guest house, taken from the dock.

The view from my room. It was so peaceful waking up to ripples from the lake and an occasional boater.

This is the outside of the main house. I am standing on the dock here; there is just some grass and then the water.
We also went to Silverwood amusement/water park and to downtown Sandpoint, which is home to Coldwater Creek clothing and Litehouse salad dressing (exciting, I know). It is such a cute place. A great getaway location:)

3 comments:

jessica said...

That looks like a fun place to visit. I wonder how far away it is from me??

Unknown said...

My uncle works at Litehouse! :)

Mishlers said...

Wow, is that place beautiful! What a fun nanny experience. Oh, I hope you don't mind I found your blog on the Blacks site.