Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I want more gerberas


This is Mollie Stones supermarket. It's our closest grocery store, and although quite expensive, I shop there for the sales and flowers. The employees are very nice and try to keep a nice neighborhood feel, even with all the Pacific Heights yuppies there. And they have a great salad bar and tortilla chips.
Anyway, a few weeks ago, I found the prettiest gerbera daisies there and I was able to mix the 2 colors up and they were gorgeous (this pic is the best I could do)! We even got them to last 1 1/2 weeks, which for us is probably a record. This past Saturday morning, we went there to get some more, and they were not very pretty; quite wilted and sad looking:( So we stopped by a small farmers market and got some cheap stargazer lilies instead that don't even come close....




1 comment:

jkhoek said...

I've never tried out mollie stone's but I guess we'll have to stop by sometime :) Pretty flowers!