Monday, June 11, 2007

Crazy Day in San Francisco




These photos may not look all that crazy, but let me just say that this past Saturday was full of "true" San Francisco experiences. While Alex and his dad were downtown, I babysat and we went downtown, too, to the Academy of Sciences. That was neat, then we went and got lunch at Bristol Farms on Market Street. After, we headed over to Yerba Buena, and while waiting at the crosswalk, I witnessed about 30-40 naked bicyclists (but with helmets) riding on through, cheering. It was quite shocking, and thankfully, the little boy I was with was distracted by a panhandler so I didn't have to try and explain....
Later, when I was meeting up with Alex and his dad, we came across this fantastic car out by Macy's decorated so beautifully (see pic above). Then we went to North Beach for dinner, and in front of the restaurant was a guy vomiting in the street next to the cops' car while all watched. After dinner, we enjoyed all the smiling faces in their swerving cars on Lombard Street. Now I know why SF is known as being so diverse:)
Oh, and I love flowers and was so excited when the parents I was nannying for gave me these gorgeous tulips. They own a flower business and had extra; what a nice surprise!

1 comment:

jessica said...

How weird to see all that on a day out. I'm kind of glad I'm in a more "sheltered" environment now that I have kids of my own.