Sunday, May 15, 2011

April 2011 Vacay

Alex got April off this year and it was spent in Vegas. By far, the longest time we've spent there as "visitors" and we had a fantastic time. This one month off each year makes residency tolerable and is one of the few things I'll miss about it when it's over (2ish years to go!!).

We went to The Wicked Spoon buffet at the Cosmopolitan with the fam and it was AMAZING. Everything was laid out so fancily and a lot of the items came in mini pots, fry baskets, take-out boxes, skillets, etc. The dessert bar was crazy. A huge gelato bar, chocolate covered what- have-you's and cobbler, among others.

Lizzie even had a blast! She ate polenta with gorgonzola and truffle mashed potatoes. Although, on the way home, she threw it all up:( Poor girl, I felt so bad for her. And then there was her skin- she was as dry as an elephant.

Easter was wonderful. We had dinner and an Easter egg hunt at the Stratton's.

Back at the Isom's, we attempted a quick photo session....

Lizzie had the best time with her cousins. Tristan especially got some good belly laughs out of this girl!
And DOGS! A major hit. Obsessed.
Andrea drove down from SoCal for a weekend. This was one of her *many* adventures.
Kelly and I got to see each other a couple times. Oh how I miss her. And not just because she knows my hair perfectly ;).Alex and I even got to go out together! We headed to the Wynn and admired all of its elegance. One day I will stay there.

Andrea and I discovered this fun little frog show at the Wynn, so I had to show Alex. Garth performs there, so this was in honor of him. It is awesome. If you get a chance, it's by the parasols- check it out.
Lizzie did amazingly well on our drives. We were smarter on the way back and left early in the morning. MUCH better than leaving at 8pm and almost not making it awake 8.5 hrs later.
I'm ready to go back.

1 comment:

Luanne Hardy said...

I can't believe those buffet pictures! That's crazy. I love visiting Vegas so I'm jealous of your visit.