Saturday, December 25, 2010

8 Christmases

The past few days I've been thinking about Christmases past, perhaps more than usual due to the fact that this year is the most different than any other. Here's a little chronicle of how we've spent the day since we've been married.

2003- Living in Vegas. Had been married 4 months and lived in our condo. I was working at Nordstrom and Alex in school at UNLV. Spent Christmas at the Isom home. Cornish hen dinner on Christmas Eve. I remember indulging on Ethel M chocolates from 2 huge boxes Alex's mom brought out. We got our coffee table!

2004- Christmas Eve in Vegas, since I was still at Nordstrom. Tasha (Alex's sis) announced she was pregnant with Wesley. My family was in Minersville, UT with my grandpa, so we drove up there Christmas morning to spend the day with them. Drove back that night to be ready for work the next day.

2005- First Christmas without Alex's mom. Still living in Vegas. Flew up to WA to celebrate with my family.

2006- Living in San Francisco. Had driven to Vegas for Thanksgiving, so went up to WA for Christmas. Bobby back from his mission.

2007- Living in SF. Flew to Vegas for Christmas, then back to SF, then New Years in WA. I remember playing lots of Rock Band.

2008- Living in SF, last year of dental school. Christmas in WA.

2009- Alex's 1st year of residency, living in Emeryville. Took a last-minute flight to WA on Christmas morning. Stayed at the Courtyard Marriott since the Kaler house was quite full. Freezing cold. I was almost 3 months pregnant. Alex went back the following day, I stayed through New Years.

2010- Living in Emeryville. Alex on trauma rotation, so he's working all day Christmas until the 26th. He was off Christmas Eve, so Lizzie opened her Santa gift (Laugh & Learn pup) and some cute gifts from Grandma & Grandpa Kaler that morning. Hung out in San Ramon for the day, did some window shopping. Lizzie and I spending Christmas day home in our pjs.
Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Aww...well, I hope you Christmas was merry even if it was a low-key-pajama kind of day. :)

Anonymous said...

You can remember all those years past! I love the picture too.