Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Texting

I've been thinking about the whole text message thing today because I think it is definitely one of those things that separates my generation from my 2 youngest siblings, or even people 5 years or so younger than me. My littlest brother Nick can be on his phone forever just texting away. I don't get it, just call the person-it's a lot quicker and easier than trying to figure out all those keys and letters. Plus, it adds up fast! Alex gets too many texts from 2 or 3 certain classmates who text a basic comment/question that we then have to pay for to answer it or to even read it. Weird. Yes, I know we could get the unlimited feature on our plan, but it's not worth it to us. It seems like there are just a few people who constantly use it (probably the ones who have unlimited on their phones), but I guess they don't realize that we all don't want to pay to read their little remarks. Too bad these folks don't read my blog:)
Anyway, I just had to vent about it because it is one of those things I will never understand or want to use. Just like my mom doesn't really get her voicemail on her cell phone, this is the thing of the new generation that I don't care to get. Funny how that is....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, we are officially "old" :)

Danielle said...

Kim and I were just discussing this topic...my sisters are texting fiends and I find it annoying. For awhile even my dad was hounding me with texts until I kindly explained that I did not have unlimited texting and was getting "dimed" to death.

jessica said...

I totally agree!!!

Tyson and Courtney said...

You are not alone my friend! My little sisters text me all the time, despite the fact that I constantly remind them that it costs me 20 cents to receive the text and then 20 cents again to reply. Last month I gave in and added a $5 text messaging plan. I can't believe I gave in.

The Scholer Family said...

I can't blame them. I prefer emailing a client rather than talk over the phone. It avoids the pleasantries and I find that most people appreciate it when I email them. Bad, I know.

Heather I. said...

I like emailing too, actually, it's just the texting that bugs.

Christina said...

I am SOOO glad that you posted on my blog!!! My favorite thing about blogs (and the reason I finally gave in and started one!!) was getting back in contact with old friends! Thank you for getting back in touch!!!

Coco said...

I'm not positive, but I think you can get your carrier to put a block on any incoming texts. I know my brother and his wife have it on their sprint phones. if i text one of them i'll immediately get a text back saying that the person i am trying to text doesn't receive text messaging on their phone. maybe call your carrier and check it out...good luck!