Wednesday, April 2, 2008

PB & J Day!


Yesterday I was browsing at the Farmer's Market at the Ferry Building and saw a little stand seeling peanut butter and jelly sanwiches with a chocolate chip cookie and milk for $5. The sales girl was saying it was to commemerate National Peanut Butter and Jelly day, which is today. I had never heard of this so I looked it up last night, and sure enough, it exists.


Alex eats pb&j's often because I end up making them for his lunch whenever we run out of deli meat, which is too common since I like to eat ham & turkey straight from the bag. He ideal way is Adams creamy with grape Welch's on Oroweat potato bread. Not me-I prefer Adams with strawberry or raspberry preserves or honey on buttermilk or whole wheat bread. The best pb&j we've ever had was at the Coronado Springs hotel at Disney World for breakfast-it came to go and they just loaded on the pb so thick it was divine. And it was the cheapest thing I could find that came with fruit and milk as well. Oh, but in a very close second place is Specialty's. Their peanut butter & stuff is worth a try! Also, it sounds kind of strange, but a peanut butter and jelly milkshake (I've only tried it with grape) is superb.


Maybe one day I'll try this, the Elvis sandwich, bananas, pb, with butter & grilled:


Has anyone tried, this, the fluffernutter? It just has marshmallow creme instead of jelly.
So, in honor of all this, make yourself some kind of pb&j sandwich, bars, whatever. The combination is one of the best!



2 comments:

Dallas said...

oh man, heather- i had a friend growing up who lived off of fluffernutter sandwiches and i loved them too! you should try it sometime. now that i think of it, it's probably a very juvenile taste but i could eat one again. thanks for the funny memory

Dallas said...

oops, dallas is really jamie...:)