Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Favorite Chocolates

I absolutely love See's Candies, it is a mini-addiction. When I'm working downtown, I tend to go there about once a week and pick up a few of my favorites, and maybe try a new piece here and there. I know a lot of people consider See's as a cheaper type of chocolate, but it's good enough for me! When I was young, my mom would treat us to one of their lollipops when we would be on a mall shopping trip. They had more flavors back then (I always wanted the now defunct peanut butter one), and I have moved on to the glorious chocolate case and will stick to that. My two favorite pieces that I have to get every time are:


Dark Nougat



This piece I just recently discovered. It has a honey flavored nougat with almonds, covered with dark chocolate. Health-wise, this would be a better selection since almonds are one of the better-for-you nuts and it's dark:)




Peanut Crunch


This is one of the first pieces I discovered. I told the lady at the counter I loved peanut butter crunchy so she gave me this and I've never looked back. It is just right, so much better than a Reese's could ever be. If you prefer creamy, they also have the Peanut Butter Cup, that is also a solid choice.
Some other pieces I like are the butterscotch square (very very sweet), apple pie truffle, dark almonds, light chocolate truffle and the Scotchmallow.
A few that I actually don't like are the pineapple truffle, walnut square, vanilla nut cream and divinity puff. I guess it's more that I don't like walnuts. But the pineapple one really is gross.
There's my See's wrap-up. Oh, and one more thing, you always get a smile, a "Come back soon" along with your receipt and the extra free sample!!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I remember your love for Sees. We are Sees addicts too. Jason's favorite is the ginger chew (ick), and mine is the scotchmallow. I love anything marshmallow covered in chocolate. Funny enough, Jason's sister LOVES the pineapple ones. Everyone has their own thing I guess. Cute post. Makes me want to go to Sees.

Unknown said...

I shouldn't of looked at this while i was fasting...... i want sees soooo bad now..... why'd u do this to me?

jessica said...

I can't remember the last time I went to See's. Maybe I need to head on in!

La Rira said...

I like See's, but Dilettante is my favorite. My favorite See's is Dark Bordeaux!! Mmm, Bordeauxs!

Unknown said...

They have a See's Candy Barbie!?!?!?! She does do EVERYTHING!