Thursday, January 17, 2008

Crazy Kabuki


After Alex and I got back from our week in Federal Way, we went over to the new Kabuki Theater with some friends to see Juno. Last year sometime, Robert Redford bought this theater that is in Japantown and about 2 blocks from our apartment. We hadn't been there since the change and let me tell you, it was a change. First of all, the general admission of $10.50 (no student discount) is the most I've seen out here. And then, on top of that, there is an amenities fee between $1.50-$3.00 per person, depending on when you see the movie. This wonderful fee is to pay for the ability to reserve tickets online (we bought them at the theater), to choose your assigned seat, and that it is a "green" theater. Also, if you want to sit in any of the balcony seats, you have to be at least 21 now since they serve alcohol up there. We didn't even like the reserved seat thing, since our best choice was the 3rd row.

Needless to say, I won't be returning here for two reasons. One, obviously, the unnecessary price increase. And two, I really hope that this idea of a theater doesn't catch on to the rest of the cinemas out here! Thankfully, the movie was quite good so that helped some:)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

So you liked Juno, eh? I have been hesitant...not that I have seen a movie in the theater in ages, but I am curious about this one.

Tyson and Courtney said...

I'm glad you share our dislike for the new "green" theater. However, I agree it was a fun movie that made the trip worth it.